So the first mini-challenge has ended, the judges have mashed flippers together and we have a winner.
11 teams crafted an response to our questions and the answers are (in arbitrary order):
- Design’ee’rs – http://designeersozchi24.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/mini-challenge-1-answers/
- Innovata – http://innovatafive.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/mission-2-mini-challenge-it-is/
- Kingsloths in Space – http://kingslothsinspace.tumblr.com/post/97944677699/mini-challenge-1-submission
- The Ninjas – http://theninjas.github.io/blog/designchallengeone.html
- S.M.A.C.K. – http://smackozchi.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/mini-challenge-1-expert-questions/
- Sons of Ive – http://sonsofive.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/0640-mini-challenge-1/
- Team Mangalyaan – http://teammangalyaan.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/8/
- The Pentagon – http://thepentagonozchi24.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/mini-challenge-1/
- The Whimsicals – http://thewhimsicals.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/mini-challenge-1/
- PENTACORE – http://pentacoreozchi24.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/in-response-to-problem-statement-of-mini-challenge-1/
- Nomadic Tom – http://nomadictom.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/thinking-about-paul-dourishs-questions/
- Yellow Rubber Duck – https://medium.com/@yellowrubberduck/the-first-mini-challenege-ozchi-2014-986107bdcfbe
- Floyd Five – http://floyd5chi.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/mini-challenge-1-expert-questions/
It was a close race, but our winners are Team Mangalyaan!
To the teams who didn’t submit an answer for this challenge, we are looking forward to seeing you in the next mini-challenge.
Some general advice from the judges:
- We’d love to see some more feistiness, this is a design challenge, but you can still have fun and throw out some crazy and controversial ideas.
- A lot of the answers were discussions on the questions, but either skimmed over answering them, or looked in depth at only a single view point—rather than multiple—for a discussion…keep your minds open!
- We suggest you all look a little into convergent and divergent thinking, http://v2.centralstory.com/about/squiggle/ is a good place to start.
Good luck with the next mini-challenge and we can’t wait to see what you all come up with next!